Pennsylvania’s foremost resource for adoption information, referral services, support, and education
The Raymond Gordon Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Raymond Gordon, a past Board member of Three Rivers Adoption Council. Mr. Gordon served as Board Member Emeritus from 2003 until his death in 2005. Mr. Gordon dedicated his life to the betterment of people throughout the world. He was committed to assisting in the “remarkable ingenuity of people bent on survival and the unwavering work of social workers who often perform monumental tasks under deteriorating conditions.” Three Rivers Adoption Council was indeed blessed to have been on the “receiving end” of that passion during Mr. Gordon’s lifetime.
Each year, 3 Scholarships* are available to eligible youth:
One (1) $1,250 award
One (1) $ 750 award
One (1) $ 500 award
(*Amounts and number of scholarships awarded may be changed based on the availability of funds)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship applicants must:
(1) Have been adopted or in foster care and are residing in Western Pennsylvania. Alternate forms of permanency are also accepted (for example, long term foster care, kinship, legal Custodial/guardianship, independent living); ~and~
(2) Be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to an institution for higher education or who is currently enrolled in a post high school educational program ~and~
(3) Have a minimum GPA of 2.0
(1) Complete an Application Form
(2) Write a 500-word essay on “How your life will have an impact on the world”
(3) Provide two (2) letters of reference (1 must be from a high school teacher/professor or guidance counselor/advisor on institution letter head)
Please also provide Applicants should provide a photo to be printed in TRAC’s newsletter.
Completed applications should be mailed to: TRAC — 307 Fourth Ave. Suite 310 — Pittsburgh, PA 15222. ATTN: Raymond Gordon Memorial Scholarship Committee. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Winners will be announced in June and presented at TRAC’s Annual Meeting.
NOTE – Incomplete applications will not be eligible for scholarship