Pennsylvania’s foremost resource for adoption information, referral services, support, and education
To be viewed nationally as the highest quality provider of innovative family-focused & trauma-focused services with an emphasis on vulnerable and under-served populations as measured by our key stakeholders.
• Children and families
• Public, private, and charitable
• Peer agencies
• All levels of government
Since 1979 TRAC has worked so that no child will have to face a life without permanency. TRAC was founded by adoptive parents and professionals and established as a volunteer staffed project of the Junior League of Pittsburgh. Today, TRAC is a full service agency that serves as the central resources for permanency information, adoption and foster family recruitment, placement of special needs children, post-permanency support, education, and referral services throughout Allegheny and its contiguous counties. Adhering to the permanency standards of the Child Welfare League of America, TRAC is a multi-service agency serving children who cannot remain with their birth families and the resource families who provide these children permanence. Primarily, the children served fall into several categories. More than half are African America; many are older and/or part of a sibling group who need to stay together; and others have emotional, physical, or mental challenges. Most of these children have experienced multiple moves in the foster care system and high percentages have been victims of abuse and neglect. TRAC works with public and private agencies to implement cooperative, cost effective programs to meet the placement and post-placement needs of these children. TRAC provides recruitment, information and referral services, counseling, family preparation, foster care supervision, post adoption services, and parent and professional education services, to achieve and maintain maximum permanency opportunities for children and their families.
• Recipient of the “Supporters of the Village” presented by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated – 2013.
• Honorable Mention recipient of the Community Partnership Award, as one of the top 3 organizations in the country by Mutual of America – 2011.
• Honored as a Congressional Angel in Adoption presented by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption (CCAI) – 2010.
• Honored as a Congressional Angel in Adoption presented by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption ICCAI) – 2005.
• Presented with the Faith Based Recruiting Award at the Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN) Conference – 2004.
• Honored as a Congressional Angel in Adoption presented by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption (CCAI) – 2003.
• Recipient of the Adoption 2002 Excellence Award given by President Clinton – 1998.
TRAC is a member of the following organizations:
• Adoption Exchange Association
• National Black Child Development Institute
• North American Council on Adoptable Children NACAC)
• Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption & Permanency Network (SWAN)
• The United Way
• Voice for Adoption
• The Human Rights Campaign
• Pittsburgh Social Exchange
• African American Chamber of Commerce