Pennsylvania’s foremost resource for adoption information, referral services, support, and education
The Raymond Gordon Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Raymond Gordon, a past Board member of TRAC Services for Families. Mr. Gordon served as Board Member Emeritus from 2003 until his death in 2005. Mr. Gordon dedicated his life to the betterment of people throughout the world. He was committed to assisting in the “remarkable ingenuity of people bent on survival and the unwavering work of social workers who often perform monumental tasks under deteriorating conditions.” TRAC was indeed blessed to have been on the receiving end of that passion during Mr. Gordon’s lifetime.
Each year, 3 Scholarships* are available to eligible youth:
One (1) $1,250 award
One (1) $ 750 award
One (1) $ 500 award
(*Amounts and number of scholarships awarded may be changed based on the availability of funds)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship applicants must:
(1) Have been adopted or in foster care and are residing in Western Pennsylvania. Alternate forms of permanency are also accepted (for example, long term foster care, kinship, legal Custodial/guardianship, independent living); ~and~
(2) Be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to an institution for higher education or who is currently enrolled in a post high school educational program ~and~
(3) Have a minimum GPA of 2.0
(1) Complete an Application Form – either complete the form online or download the form and mail in to TRAC
(2) Write a 500-word essay on the impact your family has had on your life and how you will use your experience in the child welfare system to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
(3) Provide two (2) letters of reference (1 must be from a high school teacher/professor or guidance counselor/advisor on institution letter head)
Completed applications should be mailed to:
TRAC Services for Families
Scholarship Review Committee
Gateway View Plaza
1600 West Carson St
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Winners will be announced in June.
NOTE – Incomplete applications will not be eligible for scholarship